WIP Viking-Exterior completed

MOCs in progress here. Also tips, tricks, techniques, theory, things starting with the letter 't' for $200.

Re: WIP Viking-Exterior completed

Postby Ninja_Bait » Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:38 am

This is your first frame?! I can't believe you built the other SHIPs without a frame - They're HUGE!
NEW: I have a flickr account! Check it out!
Ninja_Bait

Postby Sir Michael Le Fanu » Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:43 am

Technic frames are hard to come by if you don't have much technic... Like me!

Gotta get me some technic.
Blacktron, here I come!
Sir Michael Le Fanu

Postby Elch » Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:31 am

The Viking-Exterior is really a nice SHIP and I only can say: this is an awesome piece of work, congratulation! How about the interior, when do you believe you will finish it!

by Ninja_Bait » Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:38 am
This is your first frame?! I can't believe you built the other SHIPs without a frame - They're HUGE!

By the way my Spacecraft Carrier does not use a frame (Length 2.1m), to get an stable structure you do not need one but you need more bricks to build it!

Elch
There is only one thing that beats a lot of bricks: "More bricks"
Elch

Postby MTronHeroKodiak » Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:36 pm

Sir Michael Le Fanu wrote:Technic frames are hard to come by if you don't have much technic... Like me!

Gotta get me some technic.

I recently had to spend quite a bit of cash to improve my technic brick collection to provide for a lateral frame for my current SHIP. It's worth it, as I see it as a initail one time purchase for the most part. Long as I have the technic I will be able to contiune building more SHIPs without having to buy more technic for the most part.
Only a M:Tron can fix something that isn't broke!
MTronHeroKodiak

Postby Sir Michael Le Fanu » Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:00 pm

MTronHeroKodiak wrote:I recently had to spend quite a bit of cash to improve my technic brick collection to provide for a lateral frame for my current SHIP. It's worth it, as I see it as a initail one time purchase for the most part. Long as I have the technic I will be able to contiune building more SHIPs without having to buy more technic for the most part.

Would you mind finding a few of the parts you used for reference? It would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Just find 'em on Bricklink if it isn't too much trouble!
Blacktron, here I come!
Sir Michael Le Fanu

Postby MTronHeroKodiak » Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:10 am

Micheal-
I would start with: http://www.bricklink.com/browseList.asp?itemType=P&catString=135

Then work you way into the http://www.bricklink.com/browseTree.asp?itemType=P technic section.

My SHIP is fortante that it only needed three rows of double side by side 1x14's http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=32018 along the whole length of the ship. At least that's what I did. Can't say its the best way but so far so good.
And a lot of pins, lots. Granted you can use technic for any type of frame that will line up (I haven't done anything that big yet besides what my ship has, I am sure someone will/can chime in as well. As I am even a beginner when it comes to SHIP technic frames.

I have done some research, ask questions, look at photos, and basicly I found I only really needed the basic lego building skills and just figure out from there with a little help, as most things go, its an art not an science! Anyhow I hope it helps. And don't worry I will be posting here first when my SHIP is done...I can give the name of her..."Bloodwake" And yes, it is an M:Tron ship.
Only a M:Tron can fix something that isn't broke!
MTronHeroKodiak

Postby Daniel Jassim » Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:12 am

Elch wrote:The Viking-Exterior is really a nice SHIP and I only can say: this is an awesome piece of work, congratulation! How about the interior, when do you believe you will finish it!

I probably won't have the interior completed for a couple more months.

--Dan
Daniel Jassim

Postby Sir Michael Le Fanu » Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:41 am

Can't wait!

Speaking of a couple months, my birthday and Christmas are coming up! Cash, cash, cash! And family. Dont forget the cash -err- family...

EDIT: Thanks for the help, Kodiak!
Blacktron, here I come!
Sir Michael Le Fanu

Previous

Return to Spacewerks