Put Your Brick Where Your Mouth is TWO

Contests of Skill

Re: Put Your Brick Where Your Mouth is TWO

Postby Strange Animal » Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:24 am

here some pics

Oruk
weight 163 grams
2 minifigs
with a 7 year old i would say fairly sturdy except for the dour witch mite come off

Sam
weight 146
2 minifigs
less sturdy because it as a few joints

Strange Animal

Postby t cory » Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:28 pm

Commando Heli by t cory on Flickr

Equipped with dual rotating quantum neutrino laser cannons, retractable landing gear and opening cockpit. I built that little speeder thing cause I thought it was just like Lego to include a cheaply constructed "bad guy" vehicle. Both ships and figs combined weigh in at 214 grams, though I would consider this to likely be a $20 set due to the use of several larger pieces. I tried to build this light, but despite hollow construction as well as all the angled bits, this build is surprisingly durable. The main joint between the cockpit and tail boom has three different connection points. See my flickr for more pics including a detailed breakdown and a picture of the helichopper on my scale.
Last edited by t cory on Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
t cory

Postby Sir Michael Le Fanu » Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:38 pm

@t cory
Wow, If i didn't know better, i would have said that was an official set, other than the blasters near the cockpit!
Blacktron, here I come!
Sir Michael Le Fanu

Postby t cory » Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:03 pm

Sir Michael Le Fanu wrote:@t cory
Wow, If i didn't know better, i would have said that was an official set, other than the blasters near the cockpit!

It's funny that you say that. The entire blaster assemblies (besides the orange cones) came directly off of my 7676 Republic Attack Gunship!
t cory

Postby lego_maniac » Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:09 am

Thanks for this contest and thanks a lot for giving one month more.

Here is my entry :

The Invasion Begins
Theme : UFO
Year Released : probably never
Parts : around 600
weight : 440 g
Minifigs : 3
Price : 59.99 euros
ratio : 0.10 euros/parts

It has been build, keeping in mind that a 7 years old child could build it and play without care !
I've tried to add a maximum of playability in a not too big set. As you can see on the pics, the building process is not too complicated for kids (The whole UFO is building in line and closed in a circle way at the end.)

The UFO weight 283g. All parts could easily been found, instead maybe the cockpit coming from the set 7592. Lot of features are included (capsule ejection,..)
3 panels could be opened : The front panel with a ramp access, the left panel give an access to the ejection mecanism and the right panel for tools and computers
2 differents capsules could go in the UFO : A caps with an Alien (probably contaminated during expedition) and another for prelevement.

The lab weight 157g. It could received the 2 different capsules to be analysed by an Alien.

If ever I've got some talent for customisation, I would like to make my own alien but those one are so nice...

Look at this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UAT5DRFfDE to see all the features included.

click on this pic to see how the UFO has been build :

I hope you'll enjoy the moc and the presentation. Please excuse my porr english but I wish everybody will understand. :oops:

more pics on my blog : http://legomaniac.canalblog.com/archives/2011/09/12/22015146.html
lego_maniac

Postby Stardusty » Sat Sep 24, 2011 2:31 pm

My entries for 15$ and 90$ categories will probably be one of the last minute ones.
I've decided I'll make box arts, although they won't help my entry. They just look cool. :)

Only 12 entries so far?
Stardusty

Postby Fatyankee » Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:29 am

Hey there, just seen this contest today and would love to participate, what is the deadline ?
also i won the $10 catergory last contest but was never contacted about my prize
i know the site had problems at the time, im glad to see it doing well and looking great , hopefully i will have time to get some entries together for this contest
Fatyankee

Postby _zenn » Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:40 pm

Fatyankee wrote:Hey there, just seen this contest today and would love to participate, what is the deadline ?
also i won the $10 catergory last contest but was never contacted about my prize
i know the site had problems at the time, im glad to see it doing well and looking great , hopefully i will have time to get some entries together for this contest

October 1st.
_zenn

Postby Stardusty » Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:02 pm

Fatyankee wrote:Hey there, just seen this contest today and would love to participate, what is the deadline ?

C-3PO to R2: We're doomed.
Stardusty

Postby workfromtheheart » Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:33 pm

Here is my entry for the $14,99 catagory (233g).

The XP-73S Angelica Raptor
Another view
My website with the LEGO Lighthouse.
루벤 ♥ 합기도 ▶ 정무관
workfromtheheart

PreviousNext

Return to Thunderdome