Hammerheads, Banshees, and Guardian Angels

My Own Creations. Well, your own creations actually. Completed builds only.

Hammerheads, Banshees, and Guardian Angels

Postby ted @ndes » Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:57 pm

I realized that it has been awhile since I've uploaded any starfighter builds here on Classic Space. For anyone that hasn't seen them already on flickr, here are my latest three.

Hammerhead

Banshee

Guardian Angel

Thanks.
ted @ndes

Re: Hammerheads, Banshees, and Guardian Angels

Postby MTronHeroKodiak » Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:39 pm

The Banshee is SO AWESOME!
I love the colors of the Alien Conquest and it has a real star wars yt1300/3600 feel to it!

Keep it up!
Only a M:Tron can fix something that isn't broke!
MTronHeroKodiak

Postby Sir Michael Le Fanu » Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:19 am

That's one heck of an angel right there. Great color scheme, especially. This is one of the more well done dstarfighters that I've seen recently.

Custom stickers, I prezume?
Blacktron, here I come!
Sir Michael Le Fanu

Postby Ninja_Bait » Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:01 am

I agree with Sir Michael; the Guardian angel is your best one here. Great colors, and great style.
NEW: I have a flickr account! Check it out!
Ninja_Bait

Postby Admiral Netsooj » Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:42 pm

The Hammerhead is interesting to say the least. Not really fond of the sticker on front, but I am not a fan of big skulls on spaceships.

The Banshee's cockpit is what makes this one my favorite. I also am a fan of the Alien Conquest colour scheme.

The Guardian Angel is a wee bit of an eyesore to me. Too many bright colours. Would have been perfect if the colours were a little less.
The first theory of Ketchup: With enough Ketchup, everything tastes the same.

Admiral Netsooj

Postby ted @ndes » Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:08 pm

Thanks everyone for the feedback. Each ship had it own reasons for the styling.

The Hammerhead was build for the Maschinen Krieger starfighter contest on flickr. I created the large custom skull and number stickers to fit into that universe. If you check the image below, you will see the skull design I based it on. http://www.coolkits.de/kits/lunadiver.jpg (the image size is too big to embed).

Since the Vic Viper design is from a video game universe (Gradius), I purposefully made the Guardian Angle look gaudy (not surprised by the eye-sore comment at all - It definitely is). It is also inspired by the Blue Angels, and wanted to have the apperance of a "show plane". Video game ships always seemed to have more weapon choices and upgrades than what you would think could fit onto them too.

The Banshee uses only stickers from Alien Conquest. It was for a FBTB contest, and they only allow using official LEGO parts.

Thanks again!
ted @ndes

Postby MTronHeroKodiak » Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:11 pm

I would love to build the banshee, by chance do you have any pictures of the build? Otherwise I will just attempt to build something similar.

Thanks!
Only a M:Tron can fix something that isn't broke!
MTronHeroKodiak

Postby jeffnf » Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:36 am

I love both the Hammerhead and Banshee.

With a few color changes, I think the Banshee would fit right into the Star Wars universe. There are a few similarities in design between it and the Millennium Falcon. That said, I really like the colors you've chosen for the Banshee.
jeffnf

Postby aotus » Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:50 pm

Now that you mention it, I can totally see the Blue Angels color scheme in the Guardian Angel! Duh!

Oh, and I am SO stealing the landing strut design from the Banshee. :D :space:
aotus

Postby ted @ndes » Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:22 pm

Thanks all.

MTronHeroKodiak wrote:I would love to build the banshee, by chance do you have any pictures of the build? Otherwise I will just attempt to build something similar.

Thanks!

Unfortunately, I did not. Not sure when I might have the time to take any either.

Most things I think are self explanitory from all the pictures, apart from some of the hidden snot-work in the engine. The top and bottom "half-saucers" are held together using 2 of these on their sides (toward the inner corners of the saucer pieces).

Then, I bent a thin tube around the circumference. I beleive I routed the ends through 2 head-light bricks or something similar with a hole (... like technic stud-pin and 1x1 brick with technic hole). The blue of the engine are just 1x2 with 1x1 clip-plates attached to the tube.
ted @ndes

Next

Return to MOC Announcements