Put Your Brick Where Your Mouth Is - RESULTS!

Contests of Skill

Re: Put Your Brick Where Your Mouth Is - RESULTS!

Postby Inquisitor General » Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:19 pm

One more thing...
If any winner (especially winners of the higher value sets) is willing to take their prize without the box, I'd be grateful. It'd save me a lot on shipping to be able to send the big sets without boxes, but I'll leave that up to the individual winners.
-Dan
Main Admin
Inquisitor General
Site Admin

Postby Blackicep8ntball » Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:03 pm

Thanks Mark and Dan for hosting this contest. I'm very honored to be one of the winning entries, especially in light of the other VERY nice entries. This was a fantastic competition, hopefully one that can be repeated with this caliber of participation in the future.

Congratulations to Jake, Fatyankee, Legohaulic, and Dover on winning the other categories!
Blackicep8ntball

Postby forseti » Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:01 am

Thanks a lot for hosting this contest! I had great fun building my very first space-themed creations, and I'm sure more will follow. Congrats to the winners too, well deserved!
forseti

Postby pasukaru76 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:48 pm

First off, congrats to the winners, all well deserved!

I'd also like to thank the judges for providing feedback to the entries, I know that must have taken quite a bit of time to put together. Mark, it surprises me a bit that you think the wings are the weak spot on my fighter; you can grab a wing and pick the whole thing up without it breaking... however, the front prongs and the engine cones do break off easily! ;-)

In case anybody is interested, I have a set on flickr with instructions for my entry.

Cheers!
pasukaru76

Postby mdilthey » Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:34 pm

Great contest! I'm in for the next one! If you feel so inspired, fearless leaders, you ought to devote a thread in "Space" to contest ideas and then advertise it a little. Good ideas will be sure to stand out :) (I haven't got a clue for one, sorry)
mdilthey

Postby Leo-J » Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:19 pm

Thanks judges for your feedback! Congrats to all winners of the contest!
In anything at all, perfection is finally attained not when there is no longer anything to add, but when there is no longer anything to take away. -- Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Leo-J

Postby J4ke » Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:52 am

Oh wow, I won! Forgot to check this before I went off on hols, nice surprise to see the results here now. :D

Thanks to the judges and organisers for taking the time to do this contest, it was great fun and very inspiring.

With regards to Inquisitor General's post above, might I ask what I won? The old contest thread no longer exists, but whatever it is, I'm sure that I won't mind it without a box. Whatever makes it easier for you! :D
J4ke

Postby Inquisitor General » Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:39 pm

The prize for each category is a set at that price point (or as close as the prizes given to me by LEGO got). For the $5 category, it's a squidman escape, if I recall the name correctly. It's a small enough box that I can probably cram it into a flat-rate box from the USPS, regardless. Please PM me your address.
-Dan
Main Admin
Inquisitor General
Site Admin

Postby Blackicep8ntball » Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:30 pm

Got my prize today - 5985 Space Police Central. Makes a nice addition to my collection, and it's my first SP3 set. Thanks again Dan, Mark, and all who made this contest possible, and I'm looking forward to the next one!
Blackicep8ntball

Postby J4ke » Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:05 am

Just got my prize a couple of days ago, thanks very much!
J4ke

PreviousNext

Return to Thunderdome