Scooter calling, do you copy?

Introduce yourself here.

Scooter calling, do you copy?

Postby Scooter » Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:28 pm

Hi there, I'm Scooter, and I thought I'd better introduce myself. Having been a mad Classic Space fan from about 1980 to early 1987, I then entered a prolonged Dark Age, finally coming back to Lego in 2011. I always knew I would one day! As a kid, I collected many of the Classic Space sets, which are now (still, I hope) in my parents' attic in Northern Ireland, along with most of the instruction booklets and cut off covers of the boxes. I stopped collecting some time in 1987, with the last big set I got being 6985 Cosmic Fleet Voyager. I haven't yet had an opportunity to retrieve all my old Lego since I had my Renaissance, but hopefully that'll be possible later in the year.

During my Dark Ages, I kept a vague eye on Lego and, despite my interest being perked on numerous occasions, and indeed receiving 6836 from my brother as a tongue-in-cheek birthday present (I can't find this right now though - I think it may be in my parents-in-law's attic for goodness sake!) in the late 90s, I didn't take the plunge until last year. Since then, I've bought a few Classic Space sets that I didn't own as a kid (e.g. 6970 and 6950), quite a few smaller ones that I did, several new and newish Star Wars sets, and quite a lot of random pieces and lots off Bricklink and Ebay (including several whopping great mixed lots which have swelled my collection considerably). Currently I'd like to complete my Classic Space collection (i.e. pre-Exploriens/Futuron/Blacktron), collect anything else from the Space, Star Wars, etc. ranges that takes my fancy, and keep adding to my pieces collection so that I can put some of my MOC ideas to the test.

I'm also interested in writing some reviews, especially of the old classic sets, seeing them again with a fresh eye after all these years. I don't see a dedicated 'Reviews' section in this forum. Should I just create separate topics for each on the 'Space' board?

Anyway, nice to find a site like this!
Scooter

Re: Scooter calling, do you copy?

Postby Borgador » Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:20 pm

Welcome aboard!

Posting reviews in the Space section is fine.
Borgador

Postby Scooter » Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:16 pm

Thanks!
Scooter

Postby Strange Animal » Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:35 pm

Welcome aboard and by the way to do you live in Ireland if so your so cool cus i love Irish people
Strange Animal

Postby Sir Michael Le Fanu » Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:10 pm

Glad to see ya. Havent you been posting here a while?
Blacktron, here I come!
Sir Michael Le Fanu

Postby Ninja_Bait » Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:59 am

I was once online at the same time as thou...

Welcome!
NEW: I have a flickr account! Check it out!
Ninja_Bait

Postby Scooter » Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:04 am

Sir Michael Le Fanu wrote:Glad to see ya. Havent you been posting here a while?

Yes, I joined up late last year, thought it was about time I introduced myself saying as I've been asking several questions. Thanks for the welcome!
Scooter

Postby Scooter » Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:06 am

S.B.P.D. wrote:do you live in Ireland

I did until I was 18, but I've been living in England for the last 20 years (hence the logistical difficulties of retrieving my old collection from my parents'). Thanks!
Scooter

Postby Stargorger » Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:34 am

Welcome to the forums! Always good to see old/new blood arriving! :-)
"Re-go no kaijuu wa hoshi kara yo"
"Los monstruos de los Legos de las estrellas!"
"Lego monsters from the stars!"
Stargorger

Postby Ra226 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:02 am

Hey, welcome! I actually haven't introduced myself yet, but hey, I guess this is as good a way to de-lurk as any! I'm struck by how early you started your dark ages--such a shame to miss out on BT1, Futuron, M:Tron, and others... but I'm glad to hear you're well on your way to a happy ending! Cosmic Fleet Voyager was my first "big ship" and I've always had a special place in my heart for it. Anyway, you obviously have good taste. See you out there!
Ra226

Next

Return to Welcome to Classic-Space.com