Classic Space... in Spaaaaace! (Space Roleplay)

All things space. Also things not space.

Classic Space... in Spaaaaace! (Space Roleplay)

Postby Ninja_Bait » Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:09 pm

The premise:
You are an awesome spacer living in the distant LEGO future. And you have adventures. And that's about it. This is meant to be a fun way to run a roleplaying game casually. There aren't many rules, and there isn't a GM guiding our story though I am marginally guiding the plot, so we'll see how it goes.

The rules:
- Play as one character at a time
- Stick to the plot as best you can
- Don't kill characters unless they're okay with it (they being the players who roleplay as those characters).
- Don't give yourself or your stuff "super-duper-unbeatable" powers.
- Have fun and be courteous!

The setup:
Jax Redbird (that's me!) waited on the deck of hangar A7, Star Station 94. It was a large hangar, spacious enough to hold a good-sized corvette, though Jax had come in his starfighter, the Invictus. He pulled a small medallion from his pocket and tossed it up in the air. On it was a holographic message of a mysterious figure telling him where and when to go. He didn't know what was going on, or what he was getting involved in. He knew he was getting paid, though, so he made sure he was early.

Ten minutes until the party starts, he said to himself.

(Note: Let's try to go first-person from this point onward. If you don't like that, you can do something else.)
Last edited by Ninja_Bait on Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.
NEW: I have a flickr account! Check it out!
Ninja_Bait

Re: Classic Space... in Spaaaaace! (Space Roleplay)

Postby Borgador » Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:55 pm

I land my Star Fighter the Uhgly Bhetty. As I power down the engine and set the rest of the systems to standby, I peer out the canopy looking for my contact. I'm supposed to meet him(her?) here in a few minutes. I see another spacer hanging around a light fighter. Maybe that's my contact. I hop out, hit the deck and rebound. (Dang light gravity on these space stations). I quickly check my shoulder holster under my flight jacket to make sure my blaster didn't get jostled loose. I approach the Guy, he's flipping a coin, obviously waiting for someone, and say "Howdy, I'm Malak. You 'Specter'?"
Borgador

Postby Ninja_Bait » Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:15 pm

"Hardly," I reply. "That's exactly who I'm waiting for, too. Name's Jax Redbird, by the way. Got any idea what's going on?"
Ninja_Bait

Postby Borgador » Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:33 pm

"Nope. I got a holo comm yesterday saying to meet Specter here for a job. Specter said the pay would make it worth my time to travel out to this back end of space."
Borgador

Postby Ninja_Bait » Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:13 pm

Malak and I stand in awkward silence for a few minutes. There's not a sight of another ship coming in through the open bay doors, so I decide to take a walk down to the station cantina for a slimeburger and Cosmic Cola. "Malak, you stay here and keep an eye out for... anything, I guess. Want me to bring you something to eat?"
Ninja_Bait

Postby Strange Animal » Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:40 pm

Climbing through a conduit and into the back room of the cantina.Looking for cash anything I see a half eaten slimeburger and crushed cola can, I spot it like a dream come true a ticket off of this junk heap I call home, Its an ignition key to the mangers old Gamma-v citizen version.I reach down to grab it and something grabs me.
Strange Animal

Postby Ninja_Bait » Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:49 pm

"Well, how about that," I say, grabbing the grimy scavenger out of the back vent in the cantina. "There's one in every space station. What are you up to, fella?"
Ninja_Bait

Postby Strange Animal » Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:24 am

Hey get off me,what business is this of yours I say, Then wriggle free and try to scramble up the pipe again. No luck there i am on the floor looking up at him.
Strange Animal

Postby Borgador » Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:42 pm

I watch Redbird wander off looking for the base cantina. I wasn't hungry for anything but some creds to work on my ship some more. The power coupling from the engine to the rail gun needs upgrading again. I walk back to the Bhetty and start checking off a mental list of repairs and upgrades she needs. I hear the landing alarms sound and spin towards the airlock just in time to see a massive cruiser approaching the energy field. I check the large view screen on the hanger wall showing the base and surrounding space. There isn't any other ships withing 20 parsecs of the station so This must be Specter. I head off towards the Cantina to get Jax.
Borgador

Postby legosammy » Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:01 pm

as I (scout 145) hear the alarm i rush to see the landing ship hoping to see a hive fleet ship. but the ship i saw was black red and vary menacing. i pull out my scanner and search for identification. to my horror it was named "Dystopian Dreadnaught" and i scream "run for your minds" for Spyrius only care for information.
legosammy

Next

Return to Space.