Hello, all!

Introduce yourself here.

Hello, all!

Postby Ra226 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:49 am

Hey, all! It's time for me to de-lurk. First off, it's awesome to find a Space community still out there. I was one of the "old guard" and used to be fairly active on Lugnet's .space, but I hadn't really been there since 2004. Aparrently, Lugnet is a ghost town now and so I began a quest to find out where all the spacers went. Turns out a lot of'em are here!

A little bit about me. My first Lego set was Basic set #722. My first space set was not long to follow, 6861 X-1 Patrol Craft. I've been a classic space fan since then (about 1981). I went through dark ages starting around Ice Planet (1993 or so), which coincided with the start of high school. My dark ages ended my freshman year of college and I celebrated by purchasing 6891 Gamma-V Lasercraft off of then-new eBay. I'd always wanted the Gamma-V, ever since mom made me choose between it and the FX Star Patroller. Not that I regret choosing the FX. I just wanted both!

I got my EE degree in 2002, got married in 2009, and today is our daughter's 4 month birthday! She hasn't gotten any Lego yet, but she will. My favorite set is 6931 FX Star Patroller: it just embodies everything that's great about Classic Space (see my review on BrickSet if you like).

See you all out there!

-- Tom (Sciortino) aka, Ra226
Ra226

Re: Hello, all!

Postby Sir Michael Le Fanu » Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:46 am

Hey there! Great to see some more interest in space. Dont forget to add some MOCs to the Forum!
Blacktron, here I come!
Sir Michael Le Fanu

Postby _zenn » Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:50 pm

Welcome and enjoy your stay!

You can't start young enough with exposing children to Lego... Especially space. ;)
What's an EE degree btw?
_zenn

Postby Rook » Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:21 pm

Yeah LUGnet went ghost town when they failed to keep up with new member requests. Also no one wants to have to pay for a poorly operated web communication system there were free ones popping up all over the place. Flickr has stood out about the crowd as the place for the Lego community at large.
Rook

Postby Scooter » Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:43 pm

Hello! We got our 1-and-a-half-year-old daughter some Duplo at Xmas, and she loves playing with it when she sees me playing with my Space Lego. She hasn't really developed any SNOT techniques yet (although she often has a snotty nose), but give it time...
Scooter

Postby Admiral Netsooj » Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:08 pm

Welcome to Classic Space forum. we are a small community full of young people, so some older fans joining are greatly appreciated.
The first theory of Ketchup: With enough Ketchup, everything tastes the same.

Admiral Netsooj

Postby Ra226 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:29 am

EE = Electrical Engineering. My school didn't offer a Lego Engineering degree... Re: flickr, I could see how those hilight the area comments would appeal. I've seen many MOCs on flickr, and people definitely seem to use that feature a lot.
Ra226

Postby Blake » Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:58 pm

Welcome to CS! I had the FX Star Patroller as a kid too. It was a great set.
Blake
Site Admin

Return to Welcome to Classic-Space.com