Classic Space... in Spaaaaace! (Space Roleplay)

All things space. Also things not space.

Re: Classic Space... in Spaaaaace! (Space Roleplay)

Postby Ninja_Bait » Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:34 am

The alarms go on in the cantina, too. Red and yellow lights means Spyrius... there's going to be a quickly lost fight here for sure. I chug my cola as the cantina empties, and then I walk out, with a pistol out and dragging the scav along behind me.

"I don't like scavengers much, but I'd hate to give someone up to those mind-suckers," I say. "We'd better get to my ship and that other merc and get out of here."
NEW: I have a flickr account! Check it out!
Ninja_Bait

Postby Sir Michael Le Fanu » Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:27 am

By this point I (Dakk Ynsen) am running out of the cantina. I never liked alarms but this was particularly annoying and made my ears ring. I pull out my blaster and found a nice spot to 'hide' on the other side of the cantina from my fighter.

There's a couple guys that really stood out to me. Some strange looking guys running into the cantina, others asleep still in there getting thrown in a heap in front of to door, and one guy dragged by the jacket by another fellow.

'Damn. Wrong side, huh.' I grin and spit a laugh out a bit but place my hand over my face as if in an awkward situation. I see a pair of ships behind me. Those weird things I mentioned before were getting off of it.
Blacktron, here I come!
Sir Michael Le Fanu

Postby Borgador » Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:47 am

I see Jax heading for his ship dragging some poor wretch along after him. I motion for him to hurry up as I cover him with my blaster. The deck hand went running screaming something about Spryius are coming. Jax hops in the pilots seat practically throwing the other guy into the passenger compartment. I mount up and blast off past the cruiser with Jax in Hot pursuit. I hail him on the communicator.
"We left a lot of poor saps back there...they aren't paying so I'm not so concerned, but I'd hate to see them dang Spyrius get stronger from this. My Rail gun has 10 rounds left in it and that is 9 shots more than I need to take out that cruiser. What do you say we set a little trap for them when they launch? The asteroids should hide our ships signals from their sensors, and we can jump them when they clear the hanger bay. If you distract them I should be able to get a clean shot as they are passing through the air lock screens, before they can raise their deflectors."
Borgador

Postby Ninja_Bait » Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:46 am

"You got it. I'll work on pummeling the shield generators. You just try not to blow the whole station up when you hit that cruiser - I left a sandwich in there."

The cruiser starts to emerge. I make a turn out of the asteroid field and start firing blasters at the two bulbous shield generators on the sides of the cruiser, dodging the erratic counterattacks. They don't seem to be trying hard enough to stop me, and they sure don't have the skill I've seen from Spyrius raiders before...

A single torpedo from me bursts the starboard shields. "You're clear!" I shout. Then I think I see a flash of something odd through a window... something I recognize and fear more than Spyrius...
Ninja_Bait

Postby Sir Michael Le Fanu » Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:55 am

Im not sure what it was, but it hit HARD. thank goodness I thought of my jetpack and got to my ship with little trouble. I hopped in in the nick of time, and I allowed my her (Triarii III) to get itself a nice hum in the engine and I took off straight up. There's still guys on the ground. I can hear transmissions from other guys in their ships.
Blacktron, here I come!
Sir Michael Le Fanu

Postby Strange Animal » Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:33 pm

As I (Rand X. the second) am dragged through the hanger I see a three fully armed and scared to death, squads of Unitron security roll into the hanger a start firing at the ship.Than I saw it and the site almost made me pee my pants, five tentacles spring from the belly of the ship and grab half a squad and throw them into space. By then I am in some guys ship.The radio squawks and then we take off and are kiting around the cruiser and targeting the shield generators .I am temporal blinded as they go up in big blasts of flame.
Strange Animal

Postby Borgador » Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:28 pm

I see Jax take out the starboard shield generator and I line up a kill shot with my Rail gun. I fire and watch the hull of the cruiser split from bow to stern. As the fragments fly clear of the explosion I see something that freezes my blood cold. The hull of the ship was camouflage for some alien horror. The black bulbous carapace is scarred from the explosion but the beast seems unhurt by the rail round that just passed through it.
Borgador

Postby Sir Michael Le Fanu » Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:00 am

I hit my hyperspeed key on my control pad and set it to a 30 sec countdown-I want to see what happens but I also want the hell out of there. That has payed off in my past.

'Triarii III here, do you read?'
Blacktron, here I come!
Sir Michael Le Fanu

Postby legosammy » Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:07 pm

as every thing terns to chaos i rush to the escape-pods and eject.
but the alien horror grabs my escape-pod and eats me.(the end of scout 145)
legosammy

Postby Ninja_Bait » Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:37 am

"Malak!" I shout, dodging the writhing tentacles and shattered debris. "Shoot it again! Aim for the chinks in the armor by the neck, but only give it one shot. Then we get out of here, because there's trouble coming on the scope!" I am using my own lasers to hammer the limbs that are trying to destroy the escaping freighters and shuttles, though I have nothing powerful enough to take on the beast itself. I get a glance at the shiny black back, with the yellow triangle pattern on it. Been a long time since I saw one of these monsters, and I sure hope this is the last time.

I hear a message on the universal channel and respond. "Triarii, this is Invictus. If you're hanging around and you've got some guns, help me get these ships into hyperspace."
Ninja_Bait

PreviousNext

Return to Space.