Classic Space... in Spaaaaace! (Space Roleplay)

All things space. Also things not space.

Re: Classic Space... in Spaaaaace! (Space Roleplay)

Postby Borgador » Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:47 pm

I pull back out of tentacle range and turn up the targeting computer to maximum gain.Tainge aim at the chinks in the beasts armor that Jax was talking about. I wait for a clear shot. Jax finally blasts a tentacle near the mouth and i have a clear shot. The hyper-velocity rail round seems to be moving in slow motion to me as i watch it close with the monster and penetrate it's hide near its head. A great gout or purple-ish ichor gouts out it's back end. The beast shudders spasms twice and releases the 2 ships it had grasped coming out of the hanger bay. I shout "all clear" over the comm!
Borgador

Postby Ninja_Bait » Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:14 pm

"Nice shot! Let's get out of here, though - I see some big cruisers coming on the long-range scope, and I don't feel like tangling with them, whatever faction they may be from." I switch to a scramble frequency. "We should go ask around about this Spectre guy instead. There's a safe station I like to frequent out at Kelsor's Rim, in the fifth sector. Meet me there in two days. I sure hope he wasn't in this station, because I still want to get paid."

I turn to the scav. "How about you, pal? You got somewhere you're going?"
NEW: I have a flickr account! Check it out!
Ninja_Bait

Postby Sir Michael Le Fanu » Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:40 pm

I accept the offer to help, but I see someone else take a limb off that thing so I figured we were done here. I cancel my hyperspeed setting.

''So, any chance you guys know of a certain 'Spectre?' I was supposed to meet him here and he never showed.''

Floating just out of the atmosphere of the battle, I see a guy flipping a coin in his hand. He seemed to be flagging me down. It ain't this Spectre guy, I've met him before and I assure you it was not him. I don't want to go back down and get involved a second time but I wonder what this guy could possibly want. I turn away to look at the other guys. One gives me an arrogant smirk and a quick wave.
Last edited by Sir Michael Le Fanu on Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blacktron, here I come!
Sir Michael Le Fanu

Postby Strange Animal » Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:05 pm

Purple blood splatters across the windscreen and he turns to ask me something but can't make it out, because my teeth are still chattering from the narrow escape. Heyy who arre you and why ddid youu saave me from those mindd suckhers I ask.
Strange Animal

Postby Ninja_Bait » Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:09 pm

The scav is shaking like a Arcturian Ice Bat in summer, so I get the Invictus flying level and into a safe-looking docking bay. I help him down, and introduce myself. I tell him if he doesn't want a ride somewhere, he's free to go.

Then I go to a console and start accessing the station's public records, looking for Triari III's registration. It's not there, of course. A guy who's got enough guts to watch a Blacktron space kraken devour a space station rarely stays on the law's good side. But I have a feeling he's worth looking for - who knows? It's a small galaxy and he might know a thing or two worth knowing.

I keep in mind that those cruisers are still coming, ETA one hour. I see Malak still hovering around, but I figure he's smart enough to get out well before they show up. I'd better find that pilot quick.
Ninja_Bait

Postby Strange Animal » Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:04 pm

I glance at the cruisers and back to him. He is at the console searching through the records for a ship named Triari I wonder if it is the same one I saw sneaking out to the rim of the fight if so there could be something in it for me. Hey you Jax are you looking for Triari III I ask? If you want to no were shes is Ill be wanting a ride, 10 meal credits and a pair of clean cloths, so do we have a deal.
Strange Animal

Postby Sir Michael Le Fanu » Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:42 pm

Glancing at the back of my seat, i notice something strange. I see glowing orange reflecting on my windshield. I send a transmission, just to check if anything's wrong.

"Hey pal," the comm system seems to echo. "you see anything coming through my ship?"

I think that the bloody squid had gotten me somehow and i had just noticed it, or i may have damaged it by cancelling my hyperdrive too late.There wasn't a repair station that i new of in this sector of the galaxy and i was half a lightyear from where i am more familiar. I hear a WHOOSH and see a pair of big cruisers coming in fairly fast. And when you see more than one, you may as well be thinking that it's a Convoy-a large one of sorts.
Blacktron, here I come!
Sir Michael Le Fanu

Postby Ninja_Bait » Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:58 pm

I tell the scav it's a done deal, and tell him to lead the way.
Ninja_Bait

Postby Borgador » Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:35 pm

I set the comm to broad spectrum broadcast and link it into the station's PA system for good measure.
"Okay Jax, those cruisers are getting awfully close. You done down there? I see a couple of fires in the hab sections below the hanger bay. I think my 2 rail shots may have penetrated the station along with the squiddy."
"Triarii 3, I read you, it seems you've taken reactor damage from a tentacle strike. Eject and I'll pick you up"

I hear the station commander come over the comm. "All hands abandon ship! I repeat, All hands abandon ship! Get to the nearest escape vehicle as soon as possible. The stations reactor core has been compromised by friendly fire and an unavoidable meltdown is currently underway."

Well I guess those cruisers won't have much of a bounty to capture. "Jax! Any other ships receiving. Jump to the following coordinates, encryption key Delta 6! We'll rendezvous there and then jump out again to throw off any pursuit those cruisers may give us."
Triarii 3 have you hit that eject yet? I suspect we have about 30 seconds to get out of here before everything goes up"
"I'm engaging transwarp drives the second after I've got you aboard"
Borgador

Postby Sir Michael Le Fanu » Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:51 pm

''Nah, i dont think i'll be needing that lift, thanks for the offer anyways.'' My system didnt pick up the 'danger' so i just had to activate manually. He mentions a couple more things. ''Triarii III standing by!'' I yell into the comm. ''Lets run for all we've got!'' That's not something that leaves my mouth on very many or any occasions. I wait patiently for any replies. ''Give us a signal, commander.'' it feels really strange receiving orders rather than giving them.

I'm trying to send a transmission to my company.
''Reach, this is Triarii. Copy?''

through my top-of-the-line X-distance model transmitter, I hear the following:
''Yeah, we got ya loud and clear Cheif.'' Definitely sparks, the joker.

''You got my location?''
''You bet.''
''Alright, hang tight and get anyone else from the company with you-we've got us a convoy. Requesting back-up at coordinates similar to mine.''

I know there's something up.
Blacktron, here I come!
Sir Michael Le Fanu

PreviousNext

Return to Space.