Classic Space... in Spaaaaace! (Space Roleplay)

All things space. Also things not space.

Re: Classic Space... in Spaaaaace! (Space Roleplay)

Postby Strange Animal » Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:52 pm

After hearing transmission i turn and point to the edge of what was the battle and tell him that the one with the orange low damage warning on it is the Triarii III and you ow me.Then i turn walk briskly to his ship and hop into the passengers seat.
Strange Animal

Postby Ninja_Bait » Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:53 pm

I hear Malak, I hear Station Command, I hear the Scav...

I'm too far away. The Scav is faster than I am and is already in the ship when I get to it. I can feel the station rumbling as the last safety faults start to give way. I shoot the Invictus out of the hangar as quickly as I dare, but then the station goes off behind me, and I have to punch an emergency jump.

We come out in a star system I don't recognize, and I wait for all the computer systems to play catch-up so I can find out where we are.
NEW: I have a flickr account! Check it out!
Ninja_Bait

Postby Borgador » Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:08 pm

I punch the Trans-warp drive just as the station goes up. I seem to be the first to arrive at the rendezvous point. I power down and duck into a nearby nebulous cloud. I pop a tethered sensor probe so I can monitor space around me with out the interference of the nebula. I'll just wait here for a while and see who turns up.
Borgador

Postby Sir Michael Le Fanu » Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:32 pm

There'd better be somewhere safe to hide myself because I have a bad feeling about a couple other guys floating around and seemingly eying me up.

''Hey cap!'' I hear through the comm.

''Wow, just in time there! The danger's about to start!'' Sparks and I go back and forth talking about the convoy heading our way. It's getting closer by the minute.

I adjust my comm to local rather than company.

''You guys stickin' round here or are ya making a run for it?''
Blacktron, here I come!
Sir Michael Le Fanu

Postby Ninja_Bait » Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:32 pm

Exposition time!

Following the destruction of Station 94, Jax, Malak, Dakk and Rand are flung lightyears apart. Jax (toting Rand with him) seeks the mysterious Spectre among the darker realms of the galaxy. Dakk and his crew of mercenaries prepare to face off with a potentially dangerous convoy of ships that are closing in on the wreckage. Are they the militant Unitron patrolmen? Blacktron following their disguised space kraken? Or just M-Tron looking to scavenge and sell? If Dakk's Dangermen (If I may be so bold to make up that name ;)) don't make it to the rendezvous, we may never know. Meanwhile, Malak waits at the rendezvous for the survivors to regroup and retreat. Does danger await him there, too?

Hidden in the asteroids around the station is a dark pleasure yacht. A cloaked figure stands at the huge window at the front of the ship, looking out at the destruction before him. "I had not expected this," he says to himself. "But now those three know a little of the trouble. And they got away - good! I will contact them again, soon." With a flourish, he turns and waves at the robot pilot at the ship's controls. The thrusters hum to life and the ship flies off, away from the rubble and into the black galactic void.
Ninja_Bait

Postby Strange Animal » Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:42 am

As we (me and Jax) get our bearings after the jump,I see him trying to find out were we are.I look a round and to my surprise I know this star system, from my younger years spent aboard a cruiser with my late mother and father.My father who was a Brigadier General in Unitron security for the cruiser was never around so me and my mother spent many a days looking out at the stars and memorizing there names.This one is the Star system of Achernar.I quickly inform Jax this and that it is controlled by M-Tron.I also tell him that there is a star port that we can use for refueling 10 clicks to our six.
Strange Animal

Postby Ninja_Bait » Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:09 pm

"We don't have time for a pit stop," I say to the scav. "We've got to get to Bel Aemis. I've got a computer-whiz friend there who'll help us find this Spectre I'm looking for. Then we've got to be in Kelsor's Rim soon after to meet up with Malak."

I plug in the current coordinates into the dizzy navigation computer and it locks position. Then I chart the next course and the Invictus roars off into the distance.
Ninja_Bait

Postby Borgador » Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:08 pm

Sitting and waiting for something to happen is the hardest thing for me. I'm a man of action. Thus after 3 hours of waiting in the nebula watching the data coming in from my probe, I was getting really antsy.
Then all of a sudden my fears were confirmed. One of the cruisers Jumps in following my vector from Station 94.
I adjust the passive gain from the sensor probe and start running the electromagnetic signature coming off the cruiser against my ships computer records. The computer takes a few minutes while it gathers enough information and the result makes my heart sink. It's Blacktron alright. They sent in the space kraken to disable the station so they could rob it blind.
Well I took care of their kraken, unfortunately I took out the station too. Those Blacktron guys must be so pissed I blew up their prize. Well I'm sure they are looking for me and anyone else they may have identified as we jumped out.
I warm up the rail gun and use the senor probe to get a targeting lock on the cruiser. Only 7 shots left before I'm out of ammo. Well If I bag me a nice fat Blacktron cruiser I'm sure I'll be able to resupply my ship and have a bit of cargo left over to make some credits on the black market.
The computer gives me a positive lock on the cruiser's engines. No mistakes this time. I'll disable the engines and demand their surrender. With no power they won't be able to call for help, and if they don't surrender I'll open up their hull to space with my point defense lasers and take care of business that way.
I double check the computer one last time, and pull the trigger...
Borgador

Postby Sir Michael Le Fanu » Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:52 am

I am quick to discover a slight beep and signal from my radar. The indicator is warning me of further danger-a high rush of energy and a high amount of light traffic from my 3.

Sparks is now beside me. 'So cap, what are we waiting for?'
'Anyone else, of course. I'm sure something will show up here lookin' for their space squiddy.' I pause for a quick second. 'Your radar picking up on any abnormal light traffic to your left?'
'Nope. Yours?' comes through the comm.
'Yeah, how Strange!'

That convoy was to my 9 so I knew that wasnt it. My ship couldnt be malfunctioning, it never had before. But maybe it wasn't blacktron's kraken. maybe it was someone's that is much worse...
Blacktron, here I come!
Sir Michael Le Fanu

Postby Ninja_Bait » Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:01 pm

[Out of Character]
I think I made a mistake in letting the party split up. Let's make it our goal to rejoin within two posts each.
[/OOC]

I leave the scav with the Invictus at a planetside hangar, telling him that if he pockets anything from it, he doesn't leave the cesspool that is Bel Aemis. A mile away, in a slum apartment in a dead-end alley, is a room full of computers. You can feel the static in the air as you approach it, tugging at your hair and sparking by the rusting droid parts that litter the edges of the alley.

There's a metal door with an old-school keypad lock. Luckily, I know the combo; gently prying the panel away from the wall, I reach in and short the circuits that lock the door. I snap it back in place and walk down the gloomy staircase behind the door.

The basement is a room filled with softly glowing computer consoles and servers and cables. A slouched, gaunt figure stands at one console, and jumps a foot when I accidentally let a door slam behind me. "Jax!" he shouts. "What do you think you're doing here? Going to ask me a favor? If I remember right, you're the debtor, not me."

"Who's counting among friends?" I say. "Besides, I remember that you still owe me a big one from Sernpidal. Look, this isn't even a real favor. I need to find out about a person. It'll be fun for you to tap into all your hacked networks and dig up a mystery. Spectre is his name. This chip has his only communication with me, but it should be a lead for you."

The hacker takes the holochip and inserts it into a port on his console. He begins typing. An hour later, he shakes his head at me. "There's nothing here, Jax. Not even Spyrius has a file on him, and they have files on everyone. There are just holes where his data might have been. A stolen ship entry, a gravitational anomaly in a few star maps, broken links from other files, and not much else. Whoever this is, he's thorough, and he didn't want to be found. Let me give you what I've got, and you can go."
Ninja_Bait

PreviousNext

Return to Space.