The Hunter

My Own Creations. Well, your own creations actually. Completed builds only.

The Hunter

Postby dan83 » Sat May 26, 2012 6:33 am

I present to you The Hunter spaceship.
It's not built by Bugatti :)

dan83

Re: The Hunter

Postby TheQ » Sat May 26, 2012 8:09 am

You definitely have a own style going on here. I don't like all the elements of it but the wholesome feel is very positive.

Roundish and very aerodynamic shapre of the whole ship makes it very fast looking and with the movable thrust-fins, it looks like it can maneuver itself in very challenging terrain. The front with "nosey" motor intake works nicely and makes the ship seem bit more shorter than it was supposed to be, almost like a chopped helicopter. But what you gain from the stylish shape you seem to lose a bit with rather unplanned colorscheme. Bits of reds and blues in tan, grey and black shapes don't really help to shape up the craft and thus, the ships seems like it has been made in a workshop from random pieces of other spaceships. Tighter control of colors, perhaps even losing few colors, would help a lot to clarify the shape and function of the ship. Also, that would help making those details pop out more since now many of them dissappear between contrast between surfaces.

It is a good ship but still needs bit of rework to make it really shine!
-Q
Palikkatakomo admin, LAML.org webadmin, LEGO Ambassador 09/10
[Flickr] - [Brickshelf]
TheQ

Postby dan83 » Sat May 26, 2012 9:25 am

Hey. Thanks for the reply, it's nice to hear your opinions and i agree with you on some of them, if i had the bricks i would have done some things differently.
dan83

Postby Sir Michael Le Fanu » Sat May 26, 2012 11:45 am

Nice work! the only things that I don't really like is the "overpopulated" front side and "underpopulated" backside. Other than that, the colors scheme could use some work (as said before ;)). Overall a nice little ship!
Blacktron, here I come!
Sir Michael Le Fanu

Postby Ninja_Bait » Sat May 26, 2012 8:52 pm

I think it could be better with less levers and lights all over it. That would help with the color problem and the "business" problem Sir Michael mentioned. I do like it though, especially the Bugatti nose.
NEW: I have a flickr account! Check it out!
Ninja_Bait

Return to MOC Announcements