Blacktron II style bubble canopy

MOCs in progress here. Also tips, tricks, techniques, theory, things starting with the letter 't' for $200.

Blacktron II style bubble canopy

Postby pasukaru76 » Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:36 pm

If you need a SNOT version of the Blacktron II style bubble canopy, this might come in handy. The side panels and the pilot's seat are attached by using 1x1 bricks with stud on one side.

pasukaru76

Re: Blacktron II style bubble canopy

Postby Admiral Netsooj » Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:28 pm

Ohh, a nice looking cockpit. being a fan of Blacktron, I might have to give this a try. I think this style has room for width expansion easily, whish is a plus over the original design. The control handles are also quite good.
The first theory of Ketchup: With enough Ketchup, everything tastes the same.

Admiral Netsooj

Postby Borgador » Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:26 pm

I agree. If life ever lets me get back to building, I'll have to give this a try.
Borgador

Postby pasukaru76 » Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:19 pm

Admiral Netsooj wrote:I think this style has room for width expansion easily, whish is a plus over the original design.

Good idea, I hadn't even thought of that. Should be easy to make a two-seater version by using three middle panels.
pasukaru76

Postby Admiral Netsooj » Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:23 pm

pasukaru76 wrote:
Admiral Netsooj wrote:I think this style has room for width expansion easily, whish is a plus over the original design.

Good idea, I hadn't even thought of that. Should be easy to make a two-seater version by using three middle panels.

Exactly what I had in mind! That is one of the best things about these cockpits. It can be expended easily enough. Heck, my 120 stud long SHIP has this design to an extent.
The first theory of Ketchup: With enough Ketchup, everything tastes the same.

Admiral Netsooj

Return to Spacewerks