Ghost Autonomous Hunter

My Own Creations. Well, your own creations actually. Completed builds only.

Ghost Autonomous Hunter

Postby thebatman_104 » Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:07 am

It Hunts the barren Plains of the all but dead planet earth for survivors of the machine holocaust.
I wanted to create a hovering robot and this happened I hope you all like it. The above is my half-hearted back story, I wouldn't read too much into it. ;)
Visit me at:
Flickr
MOCpages
thebatman_104

Re: Ghost Autonomous Hunter

Postby pasukaru76 » Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:03 pm

The angled front works really well!
pasukaru76

Postby TheQ » Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:49 pm

Color grouping and details on the white front area really makes this drone very solid creation. The small details in the front area really sells the ship, althought I must say that the "side arms" look bit odd.. I could understand small wings with some finger like things but flying robot with arms looks bit odd. Oh well, the arms are nice additions to bit boring sides.

Only big critique I have is the lack of contrast between the smooth white area and the black engine part: Only contrast between them is the colors and that doesn't really work. The contrast between different parts could look more drastic, for example smooth white area and much more detailed and "machine" black area, to really draw a "visual line" in the creation. The simplicity of the white area is already in the effective in the creation but to make the MOC really shine, that simplicity and style could be "upgraded" to next level by tinkering with the black area.

Oh well, just my 0,02 cents. Don't worry, the Hunter is already nice creation, I just see some more potential in the concept that you have made.
-Q
Palikkatakomo admin, LAML.org webadmin, LEGO Ambassador 09/10
[Flickr] - [Brickshelf]
TheQ

Postby thebatman_104 » Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:34 pm

Thanks for the input TheQ I think you are right about the black section and I may go back and change it.
Visit me at:
Flickr
MOCpages
thebatman_104

Postby thebatman_104 » Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:27 pm

Took some of the above advice and changed the bottom section to be less smooth and more rigid and machine like. I really like the changes tell me what you think.
Visit me at:
Flickr
MOCpages
thebatman_104

Return to MOC Announcements