Farewell, my friends! Keep your visors shiny!

Introduce yourself here.

Farewell, my friends! Keep your visors shiny!

Postby David Simmons » Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:36 pm

Unfortunately my friends, the time has come for me to leave this hobby and seek some other creative endeavor that will bring me joy and inspiration.

To be succinct, I have been very disappointed with pretty much every decision that has changed the Lego brand and product for the last decade. These decisions have created a transformation of the product into something that is no longer the Lego that I fell in love with.

I’m not going to go into details because you’ve heard all those complaints/criticisms ad nauseum, and I have no intention of leaving this wonderful community behind with a last, acrid spit of bitterness.

Lego as a hobby and a passion has been an integral part of my life for many fantastic years, and I have been fortunate to meet so many wonderful and creative people all over the world as a result. I’m so grateful that I’ve had the experience of getting to know the community and participate in so many exciting and inspiring fan club meetings and conventions.

It has been a fantastic experience for me participating in Classic-Space. I grew as a builder and as a person, and to everyone responsible for tolerating my prickly debut and encouraging me, I thank you from the bottom of my heart. I hope the new year brings you joy, serenity, and lots pewpewpew!

Dave S.
David Simmons

Re: Farewell, my friends! Keep your visors shiny!

Postby Borgador » Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:52 pm

Good luck in your future endevors. I'm always sad to see someone hang up their hat and leave LEGO behind.
Borgador

Postby Admiral Netsooj » Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:07 am

Always sad to see someone leave the hobby. A bit of advice in your upcoming future is don't get rid of your bricks, just in case you ever do come back.
The first theory of Ketchup: With enough Ketchup, everything tastes the same.

Admiral Netsooj

Postby Sir Michael Le Fanu » Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:11 pm

Good luck in your future endevors. I'm always sad to see someone hang up their hat and leave LEGO behind.

Ditto.
Blacktron, here I come!
Sir Michael Le Fanu

Return to Welcome to Classic-Space.com