Make sure this fits
by entering your model number.
1 Year U.S. Manufacturer Limited Warranty, 6 Months Limited Warranty on Battery
Lightweight & Foldable: with a total weight of 27.6 lbs. (12.5 kg) and the one-click folding system, the Ninebot by Segway KickScooter ES2 can be carried one-handedly, making it the perfect lightweight travel companion.
Ride faster n Further: with a more powerful motor of 300W compared with ES1, the Ninebot by Segway KickScooter (ES2) can go up to 15 mph (25Km/H), travel up to 15 miles* (25 km) and accommodate a max. payload of 220 lbs. (100 kg).
Safe n Comfort Riding experience: front and rear wheel shock absorbers equipped with large solid tires provide maximum ride comfort. The mechanical and electrical Anti-Lock braking system ensures an efficient, responsive braking distance of just 13.1ft.
Technology Superior: with a LED display, Bluetooth capabilities, cruise control, mobile app Connectivity for additional security and firmware updates, and customizable ambient light colors, and more.
August 27, 2018
For reference I am 6’0″/180lbs. The ride is great, maxing out around 16mph/26kph on flat ground, 20mph/32kph downhill, and 10mph/16kph on a decent incline. As I commute 10 miles daily in the Sport Mode, I am able to get to and from work on a single charge. When I get home however, I’m usually at around 25% battery so I’ll throw it on a charge for about 3 hours to prep for the next day’s commute. Be prepared that steep inclines absolutely drain the battery, so a couple assist kicks helps get you there a bit quicker with more battery remaining.
– The user has the option to customize the color configuration of a dozen LED bulbs located under the stand pad. You can keep it a one color, alternate between two, or go through the entire color spectrum in a wave or ascending pattern. – Extremely bright forward and rear safety lights can be turned on/off manually.
– Thumb operated gas and brake pedals, as well as a manual brake pad over the rear wheel.
– “Cruise Control” feature offers user to lock in a specific speed and the computer will hold that speed when you let off the gas to ease fatigue for longer distances traveled. Once the user presses the gas pedal or brake it turns off.
– Three speed modes: Sport mode (maximum power/speed and reduced range), Standard mode (moderate power/speed and range), Speed limit mode (minimum power/speed and increased range).
– Great app to track usage and battery life.
Much like you are probably doing right now, I scoured through every review to ensure I wasn’t flushing away $600 on a piece of scrap metal. To my benefit, I already rode these with Lime and knew the features/how it would ride but was nervous of testimonials regarding front end nonalignment, but I am happy to report that after unboxing and now riding over 75 miles with it there have been no issues.
My biggest fear is the fact that no one can service this. Local E-Bike shops have no access to parts, and even my local Segway dealer is unable to provide support. The Amazon seller does offer a one month warranty, but that’s it, and most issues will probably come after that period anyway. Checking YouTube, a few videos are posted as to how replace the brakes, or fix the throttle, but that also requires you to buy the part and disassemble/reassemble safely.
Smooth ride due to forward and rear shock absorption.
Meets speed and battery life expectations
User customization with lights or additional battery pack
Large/hard rubber tires that are impossible to run flat
Possible alignment issues from other reviews
Battery drains on uphill transits
No service options, must DIY
I’m praying for the best to come from this scooter, and that I donât have any significant issues down the line!
September 18, 2018