to make sure this fits.
1080p High-definition, 112Â° wide-angle advanced glass lens combined with 345Â° horizontal & 115Â° vertical rotation range create a complete 360Â° coverage. Advanced night vision with 8 built-in 940nm infrared LED beads extend the viewing distance to 3 meters in pitch dark with no light pollution, so your baby or pet will not be disturbed by LED glare.
Responsive and advanced microphone with a built-in anti-noise filter for a clear 2-way Audio experience. Intercom Mode: one party to talk and listen at a time or Hands-free Mode: both parties talk and listen freely for maximum flexibility.
Receive real-time Activity Alerts while you’re out. 10-sec motion tracking records and centers the moving object. Bookmark your favorite positions (up to 8) and return to them at the tap of a button. Select Auto-Cruise to survey the area 360Â° horizontally or cruise your bookmarks, suitable for large areas that need a quick scan (and tracks moving objects).
YI Dome integrates with your YI Home family in one simple interface. User-friendly and intuitive app to customize your settings: activity alerts, auto-cruise, bookmarks, camera sharing, customize schedules, and more. Supports connectivity to a large number of devices with the same app/account for maximum convenience. Available for iOS and Android.
Supports YI Cloud to avoid the risk of losing footage from a SD card, ensure all your videos are safe and protected. We provide the most efficient compression and the highest protection of data, so you can be sure that your footage is secure. Reliable Wi-Fi connectivity to access your camera with YI Home App on mobile device, and YI Home App on PC* at anytime, anywhere. Built-in support for 802.11b/g/n 2.4Ghz (5Ghz currently not supported) Wi-Fi band. *PC App is for viewing only
360Â° Complete Coverage Smart Home System
YI Dome Camera is your 360Â° complete coverage indoor security camera system. With YI you are in touch with your home wherever you are.
Bidirectional rotation supports a 345Â° horizontal rotation range, and 115Â° vertical rotation range. With a 112Â° wide-angle lens, YI Dome Cam captures the full scene with practically zero blindspots. Automatically returns to âAuto-maskingâ mode for extra sense of security ensuring no recording without your permission.
Store up to 8 positions as bookmarks and easily return to them at a touch of a button. Choose to auto-cruise horizontally 360Â° or make pit stops at your selected bookmarks.
YI Dome Camera keeps you connected with your family always. Check-in with your family through 2-way audio by connecting to live video. Take quick snapshots and easily record videos. With a 360Â° viewing angle, every spot is covered. Enhanced night vision stays awake while you sleep: With 8 Built-In 940nm (non-invasive) infrared LEDs, YI Dome Cam Night Vision can shoot in the dark for a range up to 3 meters
YI Home App:
Monitor your home with YI Home App. View YI Dome Camera along with your other YI Home Camera family in one integrated app. Our Motion Detection Algorithm is YI Dome Cam’s safety hallmark. Movements can be accurately picked up and activity alerts are immediately sent to the App. 10 seconds smart motion tracking keeps up with everything, so you donât have to.
Ease of Use:
Quick and versatile installation. Place YI where it suits you best: Vertical, Wall Mount or Ceiling. Simple and Flexible Storage Options: Local and Cloud (to be available soon)
|Package Dimensions||5.9 x 4.3 x 4.2 inches|
|Item Weight||11.4 ounces|
|Shipping Weight||11.4 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)|
|Item model number||FBA_93005|
2,392 customer reviews
4.0 out of 5 stars
|Best Sellers Rank||
#1 in Electronics > Camera & Photo > Video Surveillance > Surveillance Accessories > Video Transmission Systems
|Date first available at Amazon.com||December 20, 2016|
Product Warranty: For warranty information about this product, please click here
I bought 9 of these, 2 of which did not work properly. This then gave me a glimpse of Yi’s customer service — or lack thereof. I ended up returning the 2 defective ones in frustration.
– Great design and build quality
– Apps work great, though they are inconsistent across iOS, Android, and Windows, each with their Pros and Cons
– Ability to share camera feed with family
– Ability to record to microSD cards
– 7 days of 6-second motion alerts saved in the Yi Cloud for free
– Motion alerts work great
– Alert regions can be defined (via a rectangle)
– Can schedule when alerts are on/off
– Video quality is great
– Sound quality is not great, but acceptable
– USB cord is generously long
– Easy setup
– Dome allows you to easily pan around. TIP: double-tap on the video to move the camera around
– In California, I have some of the cameras mounted outside under the awning with no problems from the weather
– Manual was easy to follow: how to set up and reset. Does not go beyond that, however
– PIN option available to protect individual cameras from unauthorized access
– Videos are encrypted PRIOR to sending to the Yi Cloud
– Videos are encrypted PRIOR to you using the app to view each camera’s Recording
– Windows app allows viewing of cameras in Groupings, letting you live view multiple cameras at the same time
– Cannot pause video playback
– Only the Windows app allows viewing of cameras in Groupings, letting you live view multiple cameras at the same time. iOS nor Android support that functionality
– No ability to access the cameras outside of the Yi app (such as with a web browser)
– Although setup was easy, voice prompts are loud and can scare people. Furthermore, when doing a firmware upgrade, the voice prompt loudly proclaims that step. Be aware of this if you have babies sleeping nearby
– Cloud plans were a bit confusing, especially when trying to look up how to activate the free, 7-day, 6-second motion alerts (You don’t have to do anything. It’s automatic)
– Shared cameras cannot have their alerts be independently turned on/off. This means that if I am adding a shared camera to my account, I cannot choose which shared cameras I want to be/not be alerted on
– WIFI cannot be changed through the Yi App. You have to reset the camera
– Removing or adding the microSD card requires a reboot
– Bookmarks do not work well: after a day or so, if you tell the camera to move to the bookmark, it doesn’t return to the exact location of the bookmark
– Motion Tracking works, but lags to the point where the person has left the view
– Nightvision behind class is poor unless angled in a certain way because the infrared lights will reflect. This probably is not a limitation I can fault the camera on
– Technical Support is poor. No replies to emails/feedback, nor assistance with the 2 defective cameras. I really wanted to keep them, but was forced to return them due to having received ZERO replies. What’s the point of sending out “How do you like our products?” emails, including a “This is our final email to see if there’s anything we can help you with”, through Amazon if you have NO intention of replying back?
– Dome cannot be panned to look straight up (view is physically hindered by the housing itself)
– Unlike the Kuna app, the Yi app does not show you a snapshot of the live video on the main screen/dashboard. You have to view each camera individually in order to update the thumbnail for that moment. The thumbnails do not refresh when you tell the dashboard/main screen to refresh either
– You have to scroll and scroll to find the camera you want to see (I have over 6 cameras associated with my account, plus several more shared by my parents). It would be nice to have a grid/more compact view available
– Fast loading
– No iPad version available (it displays a zoomed-in iPhone view instead)
– Timeline navigation was a bit confusing at first: to switch from Live view to Recorded view, you have to tilt the device sideways. It was not immediately apparent
– No ability to view multiple cameras at once
– Fast loading
– Timeline navigation is a bit more intuitive: there are buttons you can press to switch between Live/Recorded views
– No ability to view multiple cameras at once
– VERY fast loading
– Timeline navigation was a bit difficult to initially discover
– Can view multiple cameras at once
– No ability to to change certain settings that the iOS and Android versions allow you to change
With all that said, since I am quite technical, I went ahead and bought 6 more for my extended family. Let’s hope that the cameras will last since I’d shutter having to try to contact support. These cameras work very well for the price you pay, and the biggest selling point for me was the ability to record to microSD card without needing to depend on a Cloud subscription. With other vendors, requiring a Cloud subscription can often be detrimental when the Cloud is inaccessible
If you found this review helpful, please hit the “Yes” button to encourage me to write more. Thank you!
January 15, 2018
The picture quality (day and night) is excellent and the build quality is outstanding. You can see the specs on this camera in the listing, and it has every function I could want in an indoor security camera (Full HD, IR night vision, pan & tilt, two way audio, motion detection and tracking, etc). The app excellent. It is simple but fully functional and easy to use. This thing does it all and it does it for a fraction of the price of the competitors.
I am planning to buy several more of these for around the house. This is an incredible camera at a budget price. You will not be able to beat this value!
The live feed allows you to have controlled one-way or two-way conversations through the speaker/microphone. You can wither subscribe to the YI Technologies cloud storage service or you can record and access video/photo feeds from an optional 64GB micro-SD card you insert into the back of the unit.
I was fortunate to read some earlier reviews! NOTE: this unit will not work right out of the box — unless YI Technologies has updated the firmware on their factory units. Instead, you will need to download the latest firmware from the YI Technologies site to a micro-SD card (usually inserted into an SD card adapter) on your computer, rename the download file per the site’s instructions, then pull and insert the micro-SD card into the back of the unit to upgrade the firmware. Once the latest firmware has been installed, the rest of the setup is pretty much plug and play. The firmware process added about 30-45 minutes to the process that otherwise would have taken about five minutes.
In conclusion: great product, very reasonable price. Invest in a 64GB micro-SD card for each unit. Download and install the latest firmware from the YI site, following their instructions. Make sure you set up the unit with your smartphone connected to the 2.4GHz bandwidth if you have a dual bandwidth router (2.4 and 5GHz). Once set up, your router will automatically take care of the 2.4GHz/5GHz translations so you don’t need to switch your smartphone every time; this is just a setup requirement that is typical for most/all of these types of devices (including video doorbells) since 2.4GHz maintains a stronger signal over a longer distance from the router than does the 5GHz bandwidth (as of this writing).
The unit can be set on a table or you can use the separate mounting plate to attach the unit to a wall or ceiling. You’ll just need to have access to a power source. So, if you have a drop ceiling, you can attach the mounting plate, purchase a long USB-to-micro-USB cable to run to your power source (the unit comes with a 110-volt to USB power adapter) and you can get a full field of vision of your surveillance area.
The smartphone app is excellent and pretty intuitive to use. With it you can add cameras to your suite, switch to different cameras for live view, set up detection rules for each camera, and access any feed history based on the notification rules you set up, including motion detection. If you use a memory card, the history record will overwrite the oldest entries once the card is full.